Updated Information for ICGI 2018, Edinburgh, Scotland, May 28 - June 1, 2018
- View Conference Program (05/25/18)
- View ICGI Brochure with Agenda (05/21/18)
- View Abstracts
- View Registered Attendees with Links to Profiles
- Oral and Poster Presentation Information:
All presenters: Upload your PowerPoint presentation using the Drop Box (Click and follow the instructions) No later than May 15
15' presentations: You are suggested to have 12-slides Powerpoint presentation
5' lightning talks: You are required maximum of 4-slides Powerpoint presentation AND a poster.
-- The poster size is 23.39 inches tall and 33.11 inches wide, or 594mm x 841mm.
ICGI 2018: Pay $400 registration fee at ICGI 2018 EventBrite website
- January 23, 2018: Conference website open for registration and abstract submission (will require re-registering on the CottonGen ICGI website)
- March 7, 2018: Abstract submission closes
- March 21, 2018: Abstract submitters notified of decision
- April 28, 2018: Registration closes
- May 8, 2018: Final program available
- May 15, 2018: Powerpoint presentations provided by May 15 (more details coming soon)
The 2018 ICGI Conference will be held in Edinburgh, Scotland at the John McIntyre Conference Centre (JMCC) from Monday May 28 (opening reception) to Friday 1 June (tour). The meeting venue, overnight accommodations, and most meals will be in or near the JMCC. Sessions will be held on Breeding & Applied Genomics, Comparative Genomics & Bioinformatics, Functional Genomics, Structural Genomics, and Germplasm & Genetic Stocks.
If you require an offcial invitation letter for this conference, please contact Dr. Dorrie Main on the organizing committee email@example.com to obtain a personalized letter of invitation indicating your full name, mail and email addresses she should send it to. You should receive the letter by email within one 1 business day (Monday to Friday) of request.
Please note we have 2 categories in abstract submission, a 15 minute oral and a 5 minute oral and associated poster. Your submission may become a poster only depending on the number of submissions. We advise early submission of abstracts as slots are limited.
Conference website is open for registration but abstract submission is now closed (Note: this will require re-registering on the CottonGen/ICGI website).
There will be a conference registration fee of $400 USD (payable only with a credit or debit card). Please pay registration through the ICGI 2018 EventBrite website and not the CottonGen ICGI 2018 Site. The fee will include:
- an evening reception on Monday night
- a conference dinner held off-site on Tuesday night
- all breakfast and lunches on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the JMCC
- breakfast Friday morning at the JMCC
- all-day Friday chartered bus tour with stops at the James Hutton Institute in Dundee, Edradour Distillery, Blair Castle near Pitlochry, and Leault Sheep Farm near Kincraig.
For those attendees who wish to bring a family member(s) to meals or the tour, a $150/person fee will be charged and numbers who will be attending should be indicated during the registration process. Family members who will be attending should be indicated during the registration process. Funds for guest(s) will be collected at the conference and will require cash ($150 or £120) payment only.
Please note that no registration fee discount will be given to those who skip the tour.
Attendees are responsible for reserving and paying for their overnight accommodations. Reservations must be with a credit or debit card using Edinburgh First. In the 'Promotion Code' box enter ICGI in order to see the rate for Pollack House-Chancellors Court. If you prefer other accommodations near the JMCC, two choices available are the Salisbury Green and Masson Houses. Both are on a space available basis at higher prices. Full payment is charged at the time of booking. Any bookings cancelled within 72 Hrs of arrival date will not be refunded. Any bookings cancelled more than 72 Hrs prior to arrival date will be refunded less a £10 admin fee. If you do not want to choose any of these options, there is also plenty of B&B accommodation in Edinburgh.
- Transportation: Numerous flight options are available to/from Edinburgh (EDI). Taxi and Uber service is plentiful between the airport and JMCC. Inexpensive light rail is available between the airport and downtown, but the nearest light rail stop (Princes Street) to the JMCC is a 35 minute walk. Please note that Glasgow airport (GLA) is only 1 hour drive/train from Edinburgh and offers more flight options (often less expensive).
- Refunds: Due to the fact that ICGI employs no administrative staff, no refunds will be provided.