Welcome to CottonGen
CottonGen is a new cotton community genomics, genetics and breeding database being developed to enable basic, translational and applied research in cotton. It is being built using the open-source Tripal database infrastructure. CottonGen consolidates and expands the data from CottonDB and the Cotton Marker Database, providing enhanced tools for easy querying, visualizing and downloading research data. This project is funded by Cotton Incorporated, the USDA-ARS Crop Germplasm Research Unit at College Station, TX, the Southern Association of Agricultural Experiment Station Directors, Bayer CropScience, Dow/Phytogen, Monsanto and Washington State University.
What's New in CottonGen?
- TM-1 genome sequence and annotation data available on CottonGen BLAST servers (5/1/15)
- TM-1 genome sequence and annotation data available on Cottongen Data Download (4/24/15)
- CGP-BGI G. hirsutum TM-1 genome sequence published on Nat Biotechnol. (4/20/15)
- NAU-NBI G. hirsutum TM-1 genome sequence published on Nat Biotechnol. (4/20/15)
- ICGI 2015-2017 Officers Elected. (3/29/15)