Index of Nomenclatures used in CottonGen (Click to view details)
- Chromosome Numbers
- Country and State Abbreviations (ISO 3166)
- DNA and Protein IUPAC codes
- Map Names
- Marker Type/Names
- QTL Names
- This table lists country abbreviations
- This table lists Chinese province abbreviations
- This table lists US state abbreviations
- A = genome group name
- B = chromosome number listed as two digits
- For example: AD_chr.01, D_chr.12
- This table lists tetraploid cotton chromosome numbers (current and historic) with associated CottonGen format.
- A = initials of the two parents of the mapping population;
- B = population type;
- C = chr + chromosome number;
- D = linkage group name or A or D tetraploid name.
- This table lists marker types
- This table lists marker prefixs with standardized digit numbers for each marker set.
- A = CottonGen QTL Symbol. It consists of the letter 'q' and the 'Abbreviation' name (listed in Cotton Trait Ontology table) for the QTL trait (for example: qSL2.5).
- B-C = Population information. B is the initials of the parents of the mapping population and C is the population type (F2, RIL, etc; for example T3-RIL).
- D-E = Chromosome information. D is the chromosome or linkage group name where the QTL is located and E is the index number if the chromosome has multiple linkage groups.
- Env = Environment information (cotton site code).
- N = if multiple QTL on the same chromosome or linkage group are of the same trait type and from the same environment, N is used as an index for differentiating between those QTL.
*: only used when relevant information exists
a: D has to be displayed as a two digit chromosome number (01-26), do NOT use A01-13 or D01-13 in CottonGen QTL symbols